So yesterday, my lovely friend Hannah (e.g the tiny girl from ‘A Tiny Girl’s Big World’) nominated me to complete the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The post is so cute that I just HAD to take part. You can read her post here.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger photo (above) on your post.
1. Who is one person you look up to most and why?
As cheesy as it sounds, the person I look up to the most is my Grandma. As I have mentioned in previous posts, she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier last year and revealed herself to be the strongest woman I know. She’s now been given the all clear, don’t worry, but I admire her bravery throughout the whole process.
She’s funny, kind, strong and beautiful. I hope that when I’m older I will follow in her footsteps and become a person just as beautiful as she is.
2. If you could only watch one TV show and one film for the rest of your life, what would they be?
This was an easy one. Sherlock is so well made I absolutely love it. I just find that I can watch it over and over again without getting bored. The storyline and the way it is filmed is so slick, the jokes are subtle but genuinely funny, and who doesn’t love Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman?
For the film, it has to be my all time favourite film: Dirty Dancing. I have loved this film from being quite young when I didn’t really understand it. It’s so good. It pretty much gives me hope that I can one day be an amazing dancer even though I’m clumsy and awkward. Baby gives me that hope.
3. If you could go to any Celebrity Event, what would it be?
I’m not sure if it counts but I’d absolutely love to attend a show at Fashion Week. I don’t really care which Fashion Week, or which show, I just want to be there. To be surrounded by the creativity and, more importantly, the clothes would be so amazing.
4. Where is your favourite place in the world that you’ve travelled to?
Without a doubt, my favourite place I’ve visited is Paris. It was the most special weekend with my favourite people. I have so many fond memories of Paris and the stuff we got up to! Best birthday present ever!
5. What are your own 7 wonders of the world?
I have to say, this was quite difficult for me. I have so many places that I love and that I want to visit! Some might seem daft but I love them.
I’ve decided on:
- Pink Sand beaches
- The Harry Potter world at Universal, USA (I have to go one day)
- The Hawaiian Floating Lantern Festival (I know it’s not a place but I’d love to go)
- Haiku Stairs, i.e the ‘Stairway to Heaven’, Hawaii
- Pig beach (you can actually swim with pigs!!)
- La Plaza de España, Seville
- The Laxey Wheel, Isle of Man
6. Name 3 things on your Bucket List
- Learn Sign Language
- See a show on Broadway
- Visit Seville (I did this and it was SO beautiful!)
7. What is the one post on your blog that you’re most proud of?
The post I am most proud of on my blog has to be my ‘Love Your Curves!’ post. I’m proud of how positive I am about my body and I’m especially proud of the photos my Uncle took! It actually looks professional!
This post was a turning point for me where I started to embrace my curves rather than feeling horrible and self conscious about them! I’m proud of that, definitely.
8. What is your favourite childhood memory?
I found it quite hard to pinpoint a specific memory so my answer is a collective. My fondest memories of my childhood are of visiting Spain and staying with my Uncles. Whenever I think about my childhood, those moments are the first things that spring to mind.
The above picture is of me and my Mum at my Uncle’s house. I’m not sure when it was taken but visiting Spain every year, for my whole childhood, is the fondest memory I have.
9. Name one weird fact about yourself that not many people know
My nose is the most ticklish place on my body. It’s really annoying.
10. Explain the name of your blog
This is a pretty old photo but it turns out it’s the only one I have with both of my uncles!
When I was visiting them in Spain last Summer, we got talking about blogging. I’d wanted to start a blog for a long time and we came up with an idea to create one to help improve mental health and confidence through fashion. It was Steve (on the left) who came up with the name ‘Styled by Eva’.
It’s just a blog, styled by me!
11. If you had to move to another country, where would you choose?
I suppose it’s kind of cheating but I actually did have to choose a place to move to for my degree! As part of my studies, I have a year abroad and have to live in 3 different countries. I’ve chosen to move to Milan (Italy), then Granada (Spain) and then Mainz (Germany).
I’m so excited.
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
- What’s one thing that’s happened to you that’s made you stronger?
- What decade do you feel you belong to?
- What made you want to start blogging?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do to fill the extra time?
- What stereotype do you completely live up to?
- If you had to change your name, what would it be?
- What would your spirit animal be?
- Amongst your friends and family, what are you famous for?
- What movie title best describes your life?
- One thing you’re determined to do before you die
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Sophie – trafotoz.com
- Vikki – planetvikkiblog.wordpress.com
- Faye – fayejessica.co.uk
- Sofia – sofiawithoutknowledge.wordpress.com
- Amber – www.ambambe.com
- Britt – alternativelyspeaking.ca
- Charlie – www.charlieswonderland.co.uk
- Victoria – justmevictoria.weebly.com
- Leah – theprescottfamilyblog.wordpress.com
Hope you enjoyed,