Welcome to Vlogmas Day 4 and an extra special post! Today I will be making Vegan Mince Pies!
I found this recipe on Pinterest from The Veg Space where they make “Easy Vegan Comfort Food” so I’d definitely recommend you check it out!
I changed up the ingredients a little because I couldn’t find any Dairy Free cream cheese so here’s my interpretation…
Fabulously Festive Vegan Mince Pies!
You Will Need:
- 200g Plain Flour
- 175g Dairy Free Margarine
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 50g Ground Almonds
- A little Dairy Free Milk for Binding and Glazing
- 450g Jar of Mincemeat (Most are Vegan but make sure to check the ingredients just in case!)
- Rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Then stir in the sugar and ground almonds.
2. Mix thoroughly and tip out onto a clean, floured surface. My mixture fell apart here but I just added a tbsp of milk and it sorted itself out! Knead the mixture gently until a ball of dough is formed.
3. Lightly grease a 6 hole muffin tray with some margarine.
4. Roll the dough about 3-4mm thick and cut out 6 large circles to be the base of your pies.
Yes I used a bottle of wine as a rolling pin and yes my measuring cups are my cutters. I’m a student okay? I don’t have posh things like a cookie cutter and a rolling pin!
Next, put the mince pie bases into your muffin tray, being very careful that they don’t split!
5. Divide the mincemeat between each of the mince pies! They should be fairly full.
6. Roll out the pastry again and cut out some little stars to go on top of the pies. My measuring cups actually had a star cutter on the base so we took advantage of them! Then brush the stars with milk to glaze.
7. Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F / gas mark 6. Bake the mince pies for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Leave them to cool in the tin and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve!
So that is it for today’s post, I really hope you enjoyed it! These mince pies were delicious and I know they will be added to my Christmas baking list every year now.
If you did enjoy this post, don’t forget to give it a like, leave a comment and follow my blog to keep up with BLOGMAS!